Wednesday, January 25, 2012

055/365 - Square 83 of 101

by Jean Leinhauser



When I saw this in the book, I fell in love and wanted to do it immediately, but when I actually did it? Not so much. I wish I'd started with a yellow center and then done the petals in white and red (alternating). Instead, I followed the instructions and used the same color for the whole flower. I hated it. So, working from the back, I worked 2 dc yellow between each white dc and tied off. Then, I worked sl st in red around the petals on each round.


I'm still not in love, but it's better than it was. Truth be told, this one will likely be added to Paisley's blankie.

Pattern link on Ravelry.

Yarns used:
Herrschner's Worsted 8: Sunshine
Red Heart Super Saver: E300-311 White
Red Heart Super Saver: E300-319 Cherry Red

Hook used: I

No comments:

Post a Comment